Eco-Health Care Certificate
The Eco-Health Care Certificate Program is appropriate for people working in the healthcare field as direct care providers who do not wish to complete the CELACare Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program but want to be trained in working with clients with Environmental Illnesses (EIs).
- Understanding Environmental Illnesses (such as MCS, MCAS, mastocytosis, chronic fatigue, and more) and their physical, emotional, cognitive, psychosocial impact on lives
- The medical, care, and support needs of a person living with a chronic Environmental Illness
- The role of the Eco-Health Care provider
Application Requirements: (include but are not limited to)
- References from current and former employers/clients
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
How long does it take?
The program is entirely online and must be completed within 6 months from the date of enrollment. Students create their own schedule for study and submit completed coursework online. All courses must be taken through CELA.
CELA’s Eco-Health Care Certificate Program requires completion of the following 4 General Education courses:
- EH02 Understanding Environmental Illness
- EH04 Medical Terminology
- EH07 Nutrition
- EH08/CC Fundamentals in the Continuum of Care (with a 20-hour clinical component)
- EH09/CC Working with Clients with Environmental Illness
Final Comprehensive Examination
In order to receive the CELACare Eco-Health Care Certificate, students must successfully complete the work of each of the required courses AND pass a final, comprehensive examination. The final, comprehensive exam is offered online.
CELA does not accept transfer credit for the CELACare Eco-Health Certificate Programs. All courses must be completed through CELA.
Tuition for the Eco-Health Care Certificate Program is $500
(Does not include fees or the cost of any required course books)
Need-based individualized payment options are available for students accepted into a Certificate Program. Contact Financial Aid for more information about payment options. We do not accept federal student financial aid at this time.
ATTENTION all nurses, CNAs, therapists, and other licensed healthcare professionals: Take the Eco-Health 2-course bundle!
Eco-Health Course Bundle
- EH08/CC Fundamentals in the Continuum of Care
- EH09/HHA Working with Clients with Environmental Illnesses
A Certificate of Completion in Eco-Health and Environmental Illness Studies is provided upon successful completion of the two courses.
All CELACare Eco-Health certificates, including certificates of completion, must be renewed every-other year.
Questions or for more information:
All tuition and fees are subject to change without notice. The most current tuition and fee amounts are posted on the CELA website. Amounts are US dollars (USD).
All Original Material and Artwork: © 2013-2019 R.P. O’Brien and The Center for English Language & Creative Arts (CELA). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to R.P. O’Brien and The Center for English Language & Creative Arts with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.