Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate
The Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program prepares candidates to work as Eco-Health Home Health Aides with a specialization in Environmental Illness Care.
- Assessing non-medical home care needs of clients
- Providing personal care services
- Meal preparation and nutrition
- The role of the Eco-Health direct care provider as part of the healthcare team
- Current/Prior experience working as an at-home or direct care provider
- References from current and former clients
- References from current and former employers
- Two letters of recommendation
You do not have to be a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) to apply for CELA’s Eco-Health Certificate Program!
How long does it take?
Each CELACare Eco-Health online class is made up of 10 modules and can be completed in a typical school semester of 14 weeks. The full Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program could be completed in three 14-week sessions of full-time study (10 months). Students create their own schedule for courses. We strongly recommend that students study no more than 3 classes during any one session. Students have a maximum of 24 months (2 years) to complete the certificate program.
General Education Requirements
CELA’s Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program requires completion of the following 8 General Education courses:
- EH01 Professional Development: Eco-Health
- EH02 Human Growth & Development Across the Lifespan
- EH03 Medical Terminology
- EH04 Human Body Systems
- EH05 Transmission & Control of Infections
- EH06 Nutrition
- EH07/HHA Fundamentals in the Continuum of Care (with 20-hour clinical component)
- EH08/HHA Working with Clients with Environmental Illnesses
In addition to the 8 General Education courses, the Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program requires the completion of 1 elective course. The elective course can be chosen from the following CELACare Eco-Health online courses:
- EH09 Introduction to Psychology
- EH10 Culture & Diversity
CELA accepts transfer credit for coursework already completed. Transfer credit for prior completion of courses requires submission of an official transcript from a community college/college/university with a passing grade of C or higher.
CELA accepts transfer credit for the following Eco-Health courses only: EH02 Human Growth & Development Across the Lifespan; EH03 Medical Terminology; EH06 Nutrition.
Tuition for the Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program is $600 (Does not include fees or the cost of required course books.)
Individualized payment options are available for all students accepted into a Certificate Program. Contact Financial Aid for more information about payment options. We do not accept federal student financial aid at this time.
Questions or for more information:
All tuition and fees are subject to change without notice. The most current tuition and fee amounts are posted on the CELA website. Amounts are US dollars (USD).