Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate
The Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program prepares candidates to work as Home Health Aides with a specialization in Eco-Health and Environmental Illness Care
- Assessing non-medical home care needs of clients
- Providing home care services
- Meal preparation and nutrition
- The role of the Eco-Health direct care provider as part of the healthcare team
Application Requirements (include but are not limited to)
- Current/Prior experience working as an at-home or direct care provider
- References from current and former clients
- References from current and former employers
- Two letters of recommendation
How long does it take?
The CELACare Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program is entirely online and can be completed within 12 months. Students create their own schedule for study and submit completed coursework online.
The CELACare Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program meets and/or exceeds federal guidelines and regulations for the training of home health aides and for home health aide training programs.
CELA accepts transfer credit for the following Eco-Health courses only:
- EH02 Human Growth & Development Across the Lifespan
- EH04 Medical Terminology
Transfer credit for prior completion of these courses requires submission of an official transcript from a community college/college/university with a passing grade of C or higher.
Tuition for the Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program is $700 (Does not include fees or the cost of required course books.)
Need-based individualized payment options are available for students accepted into a Certificate Program. Contact Financial Aid for more information about payment options. We do not accept federal student financial aid at this time.
The CELACare Eco-Health Home Health Aide Certificate Program requires completing the following 9 classes and passing a final competency exam:
- EH01 Professional Development: Eco-Health & Environmental Illness
- EH03 Human Growth & Development Across the LIfespan
- EH04 Chronic Illness & Chronic Environmental Illness
- EH05 Human Body Systems
- EH06 Transmission & Control of Infection
- EH07 Nutrition & Environmental Illness
- EH10 Culture & Diversity
- EH08/HHA Fundamentals in the Continuum of Care
- EH09/HHA Working with Clients with Environmental Illness
The Final Competency Examination
In order to receive the CELACare Eco-Health Home Health Aide with a specialization in Eco-Health and Environmental Illness Care Certificate, students must successfully complete the work of each of the required courses including the 20-hour clinical AND pass a final competency examination. The competency exam is comprehensive and is offered completely online.
ATTENTION all nurses, CNAs, therapists, and other licensed healthcare professionals: Take the Eco-Health 2-course Bundle!
Eco-Health 2-Course Bundle
- EH08/CC Fundamentals in the Continuum of Care
- EH09/HHA Working with Clients with Environmental Illnesses
A Certificate of Completion in Eco-Health and Environmental Illness Studies is provided upon successful completion of the two courses.
- More Bundle information
- CELACare Eco-Health Course Descriptions
- Register for the Eco-Health Bundle classes!
Questions or for more information:
All tuition and fees are subject to change without notice. The most current tuition and fee amounts are posted on the CELA website. Amounts are US dollars (USD).
All Original Material and Artwork: © 2013-2020 R.P. O’Brien and The Center for Expressive Living & Creative Arts (CELA). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to R.P. O’Brien and The Center for Expressive Living & Creative Arts with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.